numbers w score - sort numbers with higher to least score

frankyalta

Hi,

I don't really know what title to write but i don't really know which nested formula i need to do this simple task.

I have 2 columns (1 column have numbers and each numbers have an score on second column)
I need to transpose the column with numbers and bellow i would like to display the score sorted by highest to least
example before achieve:

__Col_A____Col_B
1_Numb____Score
2__18_______50
3__01_______65
4__35_______100
5__06_______10
6__10_______25
7__02_______80

Need to achieve this output:

l________A_____l___B__l__C__l__D__l__E__l__F__l__G__
Row 19l________l______l_____l______l_____l_____l_____
Row 20lNumbersl__35__l__02_l__01__l_18_l_10__l_06__
Row 21lScore___l__100_l__80_l__65_ l_50_l_25__l_10__ <--- Sort by Highest to least score
Row 22l________l______l_____l______l_____l_____l_____

to my mind and google mind its cross nested formulas Match,Row, Small, if plus index, i tried but not success

please any advice?

i'm sorry i mean i was avoiding to create a macro to sort values using DATA->Filters->Sort, because while creating and clicking the code become big and slow

please hope not confuse you more..
You haven't confused me any more, but you also haven't confused me any less. You still didn't answer the question:

2. .... formulas v macros. Which do you really want?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi Peter_SSs

i can't find a way to attach a sample file, there are no option..

3. As I stated before, an image like that is no use, it would take me far too long to type out the data myself. You have to make it easy for your helpers . :)

thanks

Upvote 0
Hi Hiker95,

a code is nicer than a formulas but this code is for column A and B, and i expect on next couple days i'm going to add more columns (may be 10 pairs more as col A and B)
so in order to expand the range i need to add a syntax in the code called Step and/or offset?,
i'm not sure where to added in the code.

i'm planning to add or modify it as:
(A+B),(C+D),(E+F),(J+K) etc..

Thank you !

frankyalta,

Thanks for the feedback.

You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

After you update your workbook/worksheet with the new raw data structure, can we see your actual new raw data, and, what the results should look like?

You can post your workbook/worksheets to the following free site (sensitive data changed), and provide us with a link to your workbook:

https://dropbox.com

Upvote 0
Hi hiker95,

no, is not homework assignment, i'm bit old student taking online course with a young man (last name strong ) and about the purpose is to trying to make an small program for another old friend of mine, i've do what i can but sometimes i stuck and that's why i look for help, of course, my first stop to find info is google. and to be honest i'm getting a hard time (or i didn't get it yet) to build by my self a multiples formulas and range to an X function.
but being honest i think i learn a modest kind of formulas that i use fine when apply on few ranges and with few formulas plus iferror, but when is more than that it's get lil difficult. i keep trying :)
soon i'm going to get excel release 2013 because the AGGREGATE formula seems interesting.

Thank you

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolasmith

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back