Opening a File and Macro Issues

XLVBAUser

Hello

I have a file on a corporate network, that uses macros and has an Workbook_Open event.

For months there has been no problem with Enabling Macros on opening (as I only have security set to medium) and Don't Update Links (as there are few links to external files). There has been no change to the code of otherwise.

Recently however Excel is hanging when I try to open this file and eventually I get the Do you wish to recover and email problem to MS dialog box. Excel hangs trying to open this file. Choosing Disable Macros prevent this problem but if I save under another name runs ok with macros enabled. Macros do what they are supposed too.

There are two other users with this same problem with this one file

Any ideas on what to check? I don't think it is the code as has run for a year no problem. My suspect is the server/network but no idea what. I do have other files that use Excel code (but none from memory use Workbook_Open event) so a bit stumped. I have an extensive Personal.xls but that has been the same for months as well.

Any ideas appreciated.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back