password protect certain filter options/selections??

jeff106

I have 4-5 different project trackers that track key dates for different projects taking place at each "store location".

I am creating one excel file that will load the data from the 4-5 trackers and pull they key dates for each "store location" and organize them in one easy to view report. However, the 4-5 trackers have "store location" data for every store in the country - with different owners owning different groups of restaurants.

So on the main excel report file I want the owner to be able to select his name from the list of owners. From that drop down list, i would use index match formulas to list that owner's restaurants and then pull the respective dates for each restaurant from the tracker files.

HERE IS MY PROBLEM. I can't share other Owners datas with other owners. So in lieu of creating 100 different "Main Report" excel files for each owner, I dont have a solution to sort and organize all the data for each owner and show them only their data and not anyone elses.

My question is - I Know you can password protect the excel file for opening. But opening the file is not what needs to be passworded. I need there to be a password prompt for when the owner operator selects their name from the drop down list of owner operators that triggers the index match formula to being searching the data for that owner operator.

If owner A selects Owner A from the drop down list then he is prompted to enter a password before the index match formula starts searching for his data and then if owner A selects owner B from the drop down list and doesnt know owner B's password, then the index match formula wont pull that owners data.

is this possible??
Or is there a better way to do what I am asking?
Thanks

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCONWAY

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back