picture in userform from sheet

muriealdurian

is it possible to have an image control in a userform to reference a picture inserted on a worksheet?

i have a number of pictures i want to load depending on certain events that happen in my sheet. i would like to be able to have this on multiple computers, and i would prefer to not to have to copy over the workbook AND a picture folder. i would like this to be as self contained as possible.

thanks! :)

ok next question...

the variable type "Imagelist"

i can set ilist as Image, but Imagelist does not come up... do you have any special references set up?

***wait...

nevermind. i found it when i right-clicked on the userform.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
ok... so whats up with the .item() identifier not accepting variables? does it have to be a set number like .item(3) or is it possible to have .item(x) bring up the picture with the index that the variable is currently holding? i keep getting the "element not found" error. :-\

Upvote 0
Hi, Yes the .item(Variable) works.
I know this sound obvious but, have you actually got an "ImageList" on your Userform with Images in it ???
If Not you get the Error :- "Could Not find the Specified Object"
Regards Mick

Upvote 0
mick,

i've got the imagelist in a worksheet. i've set the object reference to the imagelist on the worksheet. is this whats causing the problems?

Upvote 0
You should be able to use variables. It would be helpful to see the code you are using and to know what error is occurring and where.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncguzzo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back