Pivot Table Challenge

LostInTheTrees

Hello!

I've just truly begun exploring the power of Excel Pivot Tables, and I have run into a dilemma that I cannot seem to find an answer to. As a result, I'd love a little insight from those of you with a greater understanding.

I have 2 pivot tables built off the same data. In order to clarify appropriately, the two variables shall be ice cream and customer name. The first pivot table shows Ice Cream flavor, with Customer Name tucked underneath the flavor heading. The second pivot table shows Customer Name, with Flavors tucked underneat each customer name heading.

The values for both are number of purchases and a second number of purchases column converted to rank. Ultimately, I'd love to show the Flavors with Customer name underneath table, its two columns tied to purchase and number of purchase rank, as well as a column showing the relative rank for the customers.

I recognize this sounds like a garbled mess, and I gladly welcome questions for clarification; the system will not currently allow me to attach my dummy document, so I attached a paint image that might (?) add some clarity.
NestingDilemmaImage_zpsdxzu3h7h.jpeg
Sincerely,

LostInTheTrees

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back