Pivot Table Date Group by Week

peazmo

hey guys, i want to group the dates by WEEK on my pivot table but excel 2010 don't have group by week.
i refrain to use DAYS then 7 because the start and end dates appear. i want it more presentable like WEEK 1, WEEK 2.. so on
if i add WEEK column on my table, some weeks will be missing if i don't have that data.
i want to have complete WEEK 1 to WEEK 52. anyone can help???

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
hey guys, i want to group the dates by WEEK on my pivot table but excel 2010 don't have group by week.
i refrain to use DAYS then 7 because the start and end dates appear. i want it more presentable like WEEK 1, WEEK 2.. so on
if i add WEEK column on my table, some weeks will be missing if i don't have that data.
i want to have complete WEEK 1 to WEEK 52. anyone can help???

Add another column next to your dates and add Weeknum function point to these dates to provide you with the weeknumber.
You need to apply option 1 or 2 whether you want week to start on Sunday or Monday.
Create your pivot again with both the date and the week number in your row labels.
If you then group the dates on years, it will then properly sort all the week numbers sequentially and properly grouped by year.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back