Pivotchart format - Changes based on updated legend

travatron

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
First time posting here, but use this forum quite often in finding tips and tricks. I am working on a pivot chart that works off of slicers. Once I set my format, the slicers work great, no issues with the format changing as I go through the slicers. The issue happens when my legend changes. Here is the example:

I have a cell that says yes or no... here is how it changes the three different categories:

If no,

Scenario 1 - A
Scenario 2 - B
Scenario 3 - C

If yes,

A - Early
B - Afternoon
C - End

This is an example, but when I change from no to yes, or vice versa, this is where the colors of the bars change and data label formats change. I did everything I could find (Preserve cell formatting), deleted the chart, redid it... unchecked the two options in Options... Advanced... Charts. None of it works... I'm good with using VBA if necessary, just don't know the right code to do so. I don't want to create a standard chart off the pivot chart, just due to the fact that some customers may want to see multiple slicers together on a chart, some might want one or two slicers, so the pivot chart constantly changes. I will do this if there is a way around that. Appreciate the help!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back