PivotTable - Missing Page Filters

peglegpete

I have a bunch of pivot tables in a workbook with charts based on those pivot tables. I wrote a VBA subroutine that changes the page filter in pivot table, and then makes picture copies of the charts into a new workbook. This worked fine for a while.

A problem developed recently though. The pivot tables seem to have become corrupted. Specifically, the page filters no longer accurately reflect the field they are filtering on. There are exactly 10 different text values for the field the page filter is based on, but the pivot table only shows 8. If I go to the source data table, there are values listed that are simply not being captured in the page filter list.

I have tried refreshing the pivot table and resetting the source data range. Neither fixed the issue. If I rename one of the missing values to something else, just for test purposes, it will show up in the page filter list. If I change it back, it will go missing again.

It seems like my only remaining option is to rebuild each pivot table from scratch. I have 15-20 very specific tables created. Recreating those tables is a lot of work and thus not my preference, especially if they eventually end up with the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? What are my options for fixing this, or preventing it from occurring?

I haven't had much luck finding info on this issue on the web.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back