Place Picture in Cell In Excel 2003 Automatically From folder and become Part of Excel file.

popular

I have an excel sheet where column A has a list of product codes. I also have a folder with pictures of each product and file name of the pictures are the product code. I would like to place the picture of each product in column B beside their respective codes. If possible, I would also like to reformat the pictures so they fit in the cell. I seen in YouTube there is add-ins in newer Excel. Where he is selling this Add-ins. This is the title "Insert picture in Excel cell automatically - Excel Image Assistant" I like something similar to that in 2003 Excel.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hello,

Check out Picture Manager for Excel, it's a commercial add-in under 40 bucks from Doality.com that does exactly what you want and works with Microsoft Excel versions 2003-2013.

Regards,
Luke

Upvote 0
Do you have this function in 2003? I know it works in 2007. Insteadof entering a picture into a cell try using the comment function. To start selectthe cell with the Item ID or to the adjacent cell and click comments. When thecomment appears click on the lines around the comment (to change the lines todots) hit “control 1” to bring up format box, then go to fill color window,then to fill affects, a window will open and choose Pictures, then choose“select picture button”, go to the location of your folder with that picturedescription of the Product ID and choose the file name then click OK and thepicture will appear in your comment box. You will be able to resize the box toyour satisfaction. Then when you hover over the ID No. with your mouse cursor apicture of that product will pop-up. Another way is to enter a Hyper-Link intothe adjacent cell for that product picture ID.
bsmill

Upvote 0
Thank you for your Reply bsmill2 but I need photos to stay open in that cell and become part of that file when I send it to some one it will go with it. I try comment stuff but it will not work with many photos only work one by one. I have 500 items photos to add. I tried some of the MrExcel VBA but it gives me Errors. May be I am not doing right. I need step by step instruction. I can do one by one Comments stuff but not multiples photos.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back