Pop up massage when cond. format kicks in

Renovatio

Hi all,

I have created a template for my colleagues, to ease their job and spare me some time fixing errors or rejecting requests.
Meaning, a file that contains conditional formatting and VBA/Macro and makes all kind of checks.

What i now want to include: Whenever conditional format detects invalid data, the cell becomes RED, I want a pop up massage to appear, whenever conditional formatting is triggered - like DATA VALIDATION(but it doesn't work). It can be triggered via button for example as i already have set up a couple. I've tried a couple of variations, but nothing even came close. One idea i had was not to tie the conditional formatting to the VBA. I can include a sheet where the data gets checked via formula, then the code can check is the value of A1 can be found within the Value of (check sheet)A1, if not, then error pop up. But i need this for a couple of ranges( K2:K100 / J2:J100 / etc....) The cell values in the two sheets will correspond, meaning the check for A1 will be in A1 in the check sheet.

To give you a better understanding: A1 within the main sheet carries a Language code: "IN", the check already in place searches for that value, within an XREF where in the same cell, there are all valid language codes separated with a ", " (IN, NS, BG, EN, FR, DE, IT...)

Any thoughts?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Since i cannot edit the post now, i'm posting a reply to simplify the issue:
@Admin, please delete the above if you wish.

Hi all,

I have created a template for my colleagues, to ease their job and spare me some time fixing errors or rejecting requests.
Meaning, a file that contains conditional formatting and VBA/Macro and makes all kind of checks.

Most conditional formatting does is: Check value for A1, lets say language code: "IN", within an XREF of all valid Language code - separated via ", " (IN, NS, FR, DE, IT, etc...), if data is not valid, cell becomes RED This is all applied for multiple ranges. So as some of my colleagues developed conditional colour blindness, i want the instruct the VBA part of the file to display a pop up massage whenever even one of the cells is RED or if any of the data is not valid(which ever is going to be easier). This can be triggered via button for example. Most of the data input in this table is COPY/PASTE so Data Validation does not work.

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back