Populate Userform Based on Combobox Selection

DoriBeE

PLEASE don't shoot me if this is a repost... Searched the threads and didn't get any hits back on this particular issue.

I have a Userform which I've managed to get to Populate my worksheet perfectly... i was also able to get it to repopulate back onto the userform for editing. (the sheet is protected, any entry or edit must be done Via the Userform).

Ok

Issue:
Instead of using a "next" and "previous" button to get the form to read down the list of entries on the work sheet...

this is pretty much the code i used:
Private Sub cmdNext_Click()
'increment row number:
lCurrentRow = lCurrentRow + 1
'POPULATE FORM FIELDS
cmbRecords.Text = Cells(lCurrentRow, 7).Value
End Sub

(there are other fields but this explains my process i hope?...)
So yea, rather than using the next button to go through the records, i added a combobox to the form... the source is the name Column of the data sheet... i ranged it from g1 to g149 so anything that populates that range will pop up in the cmbox.)

Is it possible to, rather than selecting the "next" button to get through a 100+ records, for the user to just go to the combobox and select the record there? i guess i just need help in telling excel how to dentify the row?

I'm using lCurrentrow = 3 to start since all the data starts at row 3.

If i didnt provide enough info, or my question sounds completely ridiculous, let me know and i'll try to ask differently -_-*.

I just want the fields to populate the record information based on which record they select from the combobox ... :(

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back