Possible Array formula needed

Domroy

Board Regular
I have a worksheet where I have a column of Claim Numbers (column AS), and a column of LOAs (column A), and I need a formula that looks for "is there more than one claim number per LOA?" I have a few other similar formulas, but can create them once I get the help I need creating this first one. Can you help?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Possibly this (I don't begin to understand how it works, as I have to play more with FREQUENCY at some point... but it works in my test):

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF($A$1:$A$10=A1,IF($AS$1:$AS$10<>"",MATCH($AS$1:$AS$10,$AS$1:$AS$10,0))),ROW($AS$1:$AS$10)-ROW($AS$1)+1),1))

Array formula, enter with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

And adjust the ranges to suit your data.

Source of formula, with an explanation:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12787093/how-to-count-unique-values-per-category-in-excel

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you. This gave me an array of ones and fours. Not sure what exactly that means, but I'm trying to see if I can find the logic.

Upvote 0
I apologize for the delayed response. What it should be doing is giving you a total count of each unique Claim Number per LOA. So, say your list contains the claim number "12345" and there are two instances of this claim number for LOA "Z" and three instances of claim number "45678". The formula SHOULD return 2 on every row of Z 12345, and 3 on every row of Z 45678.

Now that I think about it, you may have only wanted a count of how many unique claim numbers there are for each loa, in which case this example would return 2 for 12345 and 45678 correct?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
championbowler

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back