Posting Historical Data - Need Help Writing Excel VBA Code To Automate This Process

The_Ball

Hello Friends, Thank you for your time. In my office, I am responsible for managing the manager "Bonus" Sheets for my company. My bonus sheets work fine, but I am in need of "Posting" the final data I compile each week to a sheet named Historical Data and I have already named ranges at the top of that sheet for The Sundays for the next 12 years. In otherwords, the name of the range is SundayJanuary282018. A lot of data is gathered each week and i need to write a macro to sort that data and post only the values of that data into each column only for the current week.

I am using Excel 2016 on a Windows 64 Bit - The latest version

Let me try to explain clearly what i have. I have 2 sheets

Sheet 1 is called "Consolidated Numbers"
Sheet 2 is called "Historical data"

On the consolidated Numbers Page, I have converted the actual date into a text number that would match SundayJanuary282018. I am thinking that I would need that value in cell F1 to be a reference cell to instruct the VBA code to post the data values into the correct column on the historical data sheet. Also, I have gathered all of the numbers I want to post onto the Historical Data page in columns,

Store# Sales Cash Shortage Out The Door Time
7335 15355 10.53 15.33
7336 25286 -12.37 21.05
7337 21279 -.33 12.00

On The HIstorical Data Page, I want it to post the numbers into the "Correct" named range or rather Column to look something like this

Sales
Store# SundayJanuary282018 SundayFebruary042018 SundayFebruary112018
7335 15355
7336 25286
7337 21279

Cash Shortage
7335 10.53
7336 -12.37
7337 -.33

Out The Door Time
7335 15.33
7336 21.05
7337 12.00

Then next week when I import new numbers and I run the macro it will post the data to the next week column. I have spent so much time learning excel that i honestly never focused on VBA. I sure hope that you wonderful people can help me write a vba module based on the data I have provided so I can use it as a guide to customize my project.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back