Power Query date format incorrect

Hi, when I refresh with new data the date format is incorrect, see below in yellow. I have to select the columns and manually format as 'Date' in the excel worksheet after I refresh. I originally created the power query in MS 2016 and now use it in MS 365, could that be the problem? Thanks in advance.

1668400120706.png
1668400120706.png

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi @Skovgaard Yes it is ticked. I have selected 'Date' in power query when I transformed the data and it all works fine in the first version I made in MS 2016......it only happens when I use it in Office 365, cheers.

Upvote 0
Hi @Skovgaard Yes it is ticked. I have selected 'Date' in power query when I transformed the data and it all works fine in the first version I made in MS 2016......it only happens when I use it in Office 365, cheers.

I think its the format in the cells, and not your query. Try to format all the date cells in your table so it looks correct, and then refresh your query, does it then still change the formats?

/Skovgaard

Upvote 0
Yes if I format the cells correctly to 'Date' and refresh they are fine, but when new data comes in and I refresh they are incorrect. I have selected the entire columns and formatted to 'Date' but when new data comes in they are incorrect.

Upvote 0
Hmm... Not sure...
Try and delete your table and then load it again to a new table, format the cells from the beginning and check if it still do so after refresh...

/Skovgaaard

Upvote 0
Solution
Have you tried formatting the Date column "Using Locale" in Power Query?
Change Type > Using Locale > Date > English (US). Type F to get less scrolling for English US.

Attachments

• 1668500600695.png
    1668500600695.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
Have you tried formatting the Date column "Using Locale" in Power Query?
Change Type > Using Locale > Date > English (US). Type F to get less scrolling for English US.
Yes I tried that. I did what Skovgaar suggested with some dummy data and it appears to have worked, I'll see what happens tomorrow with real data, cheers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rehanahmadawan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back