Prepopulate worksheet based on criteria in a cell

asmonat

I would like to be able to choose certain criteria from a drop down list(audience and room size) and have a good portion of the worksheet prepopulate based on that choice. In this case, it would be audio equipment that goes along with each room size. Right now we have each budget size in a separate tab but it would be considerably easier to revise/update for clients if most of the info would autofill. Can a macro do this for me? Pivot table?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

asmonat

asmonat,

Welcome to the MrExcel board.

Screenshots would help.

Please post a screenshot of your sheet(s), what you have and what you expect to achieve, with Excel Jeanie HTML 4 (contains graphic instructions).
http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/html/hlp_schnell_en.php
I've been having some computer issues lately and I hate to download another program right now. Let me try to be clearer with what I'm looking to do.
At the top of the page right now we have the package type listed (small, med, large). Below are different sections of equipment/pricing that correspond with each of these. Right now the small package and it's corresponding equipment are in a tab. If you want to see the medium package you need to switch tabs.
Ideally I would just be able to pick the package size and have the proper equipment appear below. Utimately I would like to then put in other conditions (audience size) and have the further equipment change accordingly.

Thanks for your help!!

hiker95

asmonat,

Try:

If your file does not contain sensitive information, you can upload it to www.box.net and provide a link to your workbook.

hiker95

asmonat,

Yes, we had a very nice holiday. We hope you did also.

Thanks for the workbook.

But, there is no additional worksheet setup with the data validation cells.

Can you post another workbook with the following.

Please create the data validation lists on the additional worksheet, make your choice(s), and manually fill in this worksheet with the information from your choice(s) - as an example to help me along.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wsupaul

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...