Print 200 or so copies of the same document (1 page), but with one unique identifier cell that changes.

NuZenith

Sorry about the long title.

I work for a small battery pack production company. We are ramping up production and need to have documentation for each lot. I've been searching for a solution that, ideally, would allow me to print several copies of a BUILD TRAVELER with a unique number on each copy that coincides with the build number, lot, and customer purchase order.

Is there a way in VBA to have a cell that incrementally changes with each print?

Alternatively, I could have a macro that generates a workbook several build travelers, either on the same worksheet or on several worksheets. I'm just not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance.
~Alex

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Can you provide an example of what the unique number you want to use would look like and which part of it would increment on each successive copy? What cell would contain the unique number?

Upvote 0
Can you provide an example of what the unique number you want to use would look like and which part of it would increment on each successive copy? What cell would contain the unique number?

Thanks for your response,

So the unique identifier could be as simple as 004/500, meaning the 4th lot out of an order of 500. If the most feasible method is to generate a workbook, thin I'm thinking it should make a new workbook, copy and paste a template on a specified amount of sheets, and populate specific cells with info like.

Productb-k640
CustomerCoreLT
Lot #008/300
Build Date1/14/2015

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks,
~Alex

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back