Print Preview only showing 1st page

merce333

Hello. I have the following bit of code and the print preview (10 total pages) works wonderfully on my laptop, Excel 2010, Windows 7. I have sent the workbook to people running Excel 2013, Windows 7 and also Excel 2016/Windows 10. Oddly, on their computers, the print preview only shows the first page. The scroll bar to the right is short, appearing *as if* there were all 10 pages, and when they scroll, the scroll bar advances downward 10 times, but despite advancing downward the screen still only shows the first page. This is repeatable every time on their computers but i cannot reproduce it on my computer, it always works the way a normal print preview is supposed to work.
This issue sounds somewhat similar to this unanswered post from last year
HTML:
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1011320-print-preview-all-pages-vba-doesnt-work.html
and also this post without a solution
HTML:
https://www.excelforum.com/excel-formulas-and-functions/419878-my-print-preview-is-only-showing-one-page-to-be-printed.html

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Code:
Application.Calculation= xlCalculationManual 
ThisWorkbook.Sheets(Array("Conditions", "AreaAnalysis")).PrintPreview EnableChanges:=True
Application.Calculation= xlCalculationAutomatic

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I have resolved this issue by leaving Application.Calculation on xlCalculationAutomatic. For anyone who stumbles upon this, it appears Excel 2013 & 2016 have Print Preview somehow tied in with excel's calculation engine, whereas Excel 2010 does not. In other words, in Excel 2010 if the calc engine is off, the print preview still will show all pages as you scroll through them. In Excel 2013 and 2016, if the calc engine is off, it only shows the first page and when you scroll down, because the calc engine is off, the action of scrolling to the next page does not "update" the screen to display the new "active page".

Upvote 0
Correction to the above post -- it was not the Application.Calculation it is Application.ScreenUpdating, which I had turned off much earlier in a separate sub routine. Print Preview in Excel 2010 doesn't mind if ScreenUpdating is off, it will still show you all pages. Excel 2013 and 2016 need ScreenUpdating = True so that the Print Preview displayed pages update and show you any page other than the first one.

Upvote 0
Merce333, your answer helped me with the Microsoft 365 (2016) version, now viewing pages, 100%. Thank you for sharing. NK

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back