Procedure too large

JohnWood

Hello,
I have a procedure too large (79kb when pasted in notepad) for which i dont receive any error messages and its working fine on my computer.
My collegues are getting this " procedure too large " error with similar configurations pc and the same office 365 version.
Do you have any ideea:
1 why i do no get this error message
2 why on other similar laptops/ms the error is present?
Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
From here: Procedure too large error when you run a VBA macro - Office

Symptoms​

When you try to run a Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro in a 32-bit version of a Microsoft Office 2010 program, you receive the following error message:

"Compile Error: Procedure too large"

Cause​

This issue may occur because the VBA macro was created by using a 64-bit version of an Office 2010 program.

Workaround​

To resolve this issue, create the VBA macro by using a 32-bit version of an Office 2010 program.

More Information​

The 64-bit versions of the Office 2010 program enable you to write a VBA macro that can become too large to use on other computers that are running 32-bit versions of Office programs. This includes 32-bit versions of Office 2010 or earlier versions of Office. A VBA macro that was created for a 32-bit version of an Office application can run on the same 64-bit version of an Office 2010 program and most VBA macros written for the 64-bit version of a program will run on the 32-bit version of the program. However, a macro that is too large will fail together with the Visual Basic for Applications error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.

As a macro developer, you have to be aware that Visual Basic for Applications 7.0 only guarantees compatibility when the macro is moved from a 32-bit version of an Office 2010 program to a 64-bit version of an Office 2010 program. There is no compatibility when you move from a 64-bit version of an Office 2010 program to a 32-bit version of an Office 2010 program. This means that a macro created on a 32-bit version of Office 2010 can run on a 64-bit version of Office 2010, but macros created on a 64-bit version of Office 2010 may run, but are not guaranteed to run, on a 32-bit version of Office 2010. Developers who create Office 2010 macros should develop them on 32-bit versions of Office 2010 to achieve full compatibility on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2010.

Upvote 0
Solution
Ok I'm at a loss then. Only I will point out that we are referring to 64 bit office, not OS, so please be sure on that point.

You may need to split up your procedure otherwise.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back