pull data from other worksheets macro

bshaggy6

Board Regular
Hello,

I need help with a macro that does the following: I have 31 worksheets labeled from "1" to "31" with certain data points on it. I am trying to pull data from those 31 sheets into a worksheet in the same workbook called "Weekly Report Results". I setup cells on the weekly report result worksheet wher i can type in a number from 1-31 in cell g12 and type a number from 1-31 in cell h12. What im trying to tell excel is this: For example- If I put 1 in cell g12 and 5 in cell h12, i want it to sum all of the values in cell A3 from sheets 1 to 5 and place that summed value in cell A7 on the Weekly Report Results worksheet. Is it possible to create a macro that can do this? Thank you in advance for any help!

Still not working. Would it have to do with the fact that there is a macro on this workbook? Or should that not have any effect?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Still not working. Would it have to do with the fact that there is a macro on this workbook? Or should that not have any effect?

Depends hat your macro does -
Can you create an anonymous copy of your workbook with sample data & place in a dropbox?

There is a small error in the function:

in this line:
Rich (BB code):
SUMSHEETS = SUMSHEETS + Val(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(CStr(i)).Range(CellAddress).Value)

Change Text to Value where shown in RED.

Dave

Upvote 0
It didn't change anything. My company wont allow me to make a drop box. Would making a macro work easier than creating a function?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I may have found the issue. In cell g12 and h12 it has the numbers of the sheets i want it sum to and from as i mentioned before lets say g12 has the value 1 and h12 has the value 5 i want it sum worksheets 1 through 5 the value in cell a3. I'm using the microsoft date and time control to put those numbers into g12 and h12 then just re-formatted it to the value of 1 and 5 even thoughh the true value is lets say 6/1/2015 and 6/5/2015. Is there anyway to fix it now?

Upvote 0
I'm using the microsoft date and time control to put those numbers into g12 and h12 then just re-formatted it to the value of 1 and 5

Detail like this is very important to know when asking for help - should have mentioned this from the outset would have saved a lot of time.

Try this update:

Code:
Function SUMSHEETS(ByVal StartSheet As Variant, ByVal EndSheet As Variant, CellAddress As String) As Double
    Dim i As Integer
    For i = Month(StartSheet) To Month(EndSheet) Step IIf(EndSheet < StartSheet, -1, 1)
        SUMSHEETS = SUMSHEETS + Val(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(CStr(i)).Range(CellAddress).Value)
    Next i
End Function

I have assumed from your sample that you are formatting dates to display MONTH?

Dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Dave,

It works perfectly now. My apologies for making it take a while to work. thanks again for all of your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panjongshing

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back