Pulling (or showing up) a picture based on cell value?

expeo

On worksheet 1, I have a list like the one below.

ABC
1List NumberAddressPicture
21544 Main St???
31639 Triangle Ave???
417961 Yellow Pkwy???

<tbody>
</tbody>

On worksheet 2, I have pasted pictures from a external source. The pictures are already named and ordered (but are increments of 2). So they correspond like below.

List NumberImage Name
1Picture 1
2Picture 3
3Picture 5
15Picture 29
16Picture 31

<tbody>
</tbody>

I cannot use any macros, is there anyway to use VLOOKUP or INDEX MATCH (or any other method) to somehow match and show pictures (for column C in worksheet 1) based on the pictures that are in worksheet 2?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
It's trivial by using macros, but if you cannot use macros, I recommend that you display the the pictures on a 2D scatter chart. There are countless of examples like this used at : www.excelunusual.com.

Let's say, for the sake of argument that you have 3 pictures to display, depending the contend of cell A1 being 2, 4 or 6.

You create a scatter chart containing 3 points, and assign to each of the 3 marker points a picture (see video below). If the number in cell [A2] for instance is 2 (therefore you need to display the first image) you make the first data for point (x1,y1)=(0,0) and the following data points
(x2,y2)=(0,-99), (x1,y1)=(0,-99).

I've just made an example for you.
If you insert 2/4/6 in cell [A2] you can select between three different pictures. Try it out and let me know.

Watch the video tutorial and download the .xls file at: http://www.excelunusual.com/a-simple-tutorial-of-using-sprite-animation-on-a-2d-scatter-chart/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's trivial by using macros, but if you cannot use macros, I recommend that you display the the pictures on a 2D scatter chart. There are countless of examples like this used at : www.excelunusual.com.

Let's say, for the sake of argument that you have 3 pictures to display, depending that the list number is 2, 4 or 6.
You create a chart containing 3 points, and assign to each of the 3 marker points a picture (see video below). If the number in cell [A2] for instance is 2 (therefore you need to display the first image) you make the first data for point (x1,y1)=(0,0) and the following data points
(x2,y2)=(0,-99), (x1,y1)=(0,-99).

I've just made an example for you.
If you insert 2/4/6 in cell [A2] you will display three different pictures.

Watch the video tutorial and download the .xls file at: http://www.excelunusual.com/a-simple-tutorial-of-using-sprite-animation-on-a-2d-scatter-chart/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daynle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back