Pulling several numbers from a data sheet into another sheet by date/crew/charge type

autumnm

I want to fill in a spreadsheet (Sheet A), based on another sheet with data (Sheet B).
However, I need it to look for several items at a time on Sheet B and consolidate the totals before entering into sheet A.

So, on Sheet B, I have a bunch of data - Carrier, Date, Crew, and a breakdown of charges for trucking standby, etc.
On Sheet A, I have a formatted spreadsheet that shows the number of specific charges, based on Date and Crew # (there can be several Carriers on a Crew)

How can I easily enter data into Sheet B and have it populate (and sometimes sum) the number of charges per date & crew afterwards.

Here is Sheet A:
I need a formula/way to look on Sheet B and look at the Charge type (Chainups, etc), the Crew # (Crew 2 in this instance), and the Date and provide the number of chainups from Column E on Sheet B, into the space here on Sheet A for the Date of June 25.
There may also be multiple carriers on Crew 2, so can I have it sum all applicable charges before entering into Sheet A?

StandbyDetails.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is Sheet B with Data.
StandbyDetails.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I am open to reformatting either spreadsheet to make something like this work - just needs to be easily readable for Clients.

A copy of the Document can be found HERE

Thanks!
Autumn

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back