Push Excel Data to a Mail Merge Word Document

bmhumphries

I see quite a few questions out here about mail merge but not many responses. I don't know if this can be done but. . .

I have an Excel workbook that is a template used by many coworkers. For each new project it is opened and saved as a new, separate document.

On a worksheet, I pull different pieces of data from various other worksheets and assemble it into fields that are used as mail merge data that gets pulled into a report for upper management. (Don't ask why, but it is required to be in Word).

I have created a mail merge document in Word, and from Word I can go through the steps to tell Word where the data is and have the mail merge fields updated with the information in Excel.

What I wish to do is, in the Excel template, to have a button which opens the Word document and "pushes" the data to the mail merge fields all from Excel rather than have the user have to go through the steps from Word to link the data and perform the mail merge.

Does that make sense? Can it be done? Does anyone know how?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M V Arun

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back