Radio button to copy and paste a range of cells

touque

Board Regular
Can I use a radio button to COPY and PASTE VALUES the cells to the left of the button to the first blank row in another range of cells?
Then can I use another radio button to CLEAR CONTENTS of the cells to the left of the first radio button?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Almost anything can be done with Vba.
But doing it this way may be beyond my knowledgebase.
Why do you want to use radio buttons actually they are celled Option Buttons

Why not just double click on a cell to copy the cells to the left of the cell you double click on.
And this same action after copying the range could clear the range at the same time

So if you double click on G5

We would copy the range G1 to G4 and paste this range where?
Give me sheet names and exact location. I only need sheet name if we are copying to a different sheet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am setting up a work book with balance sheets for over 200 members. So there are over 200 work sheets in this work book. Each member is labelled an adult or minor and every 3 months an equal entry is made onto each adults balance sheet. And at the same time another entry is to made onto each minor’s balance sheet.

So I am looking for a way to make one entry that will be placed on all adults sheets and then make another for all minors sheets. It would be easy enough to select all appropriate sheet and paste on the same line. But the issue is that because there are other transactions on each sheet is that the entry I want to make will not be on the same line on all sheets.

The only way I can think of accomplishing this is to make a row near the top, say row 4, that I use as my entry line. Then using the option button to COPY and PASTE onto the first blank row.

i can always make an entry on the first sheet and manually paste it on the appropriate line on each sheet but I always like to find ways excel can automate transactions.

Upvote 0
Exactly how is this done:
You said:
Each member is labelled an adult or minor.
When looking at their sheet where do I see this label

Do you have a master sheet where you plan to enter this data you want copied to each sheet.
If so what is the name of the master sheet.

And where exactly will you enter this data you want copied.

Say something like this

Sheet named Master:
Where will be the adult data on the master sheet be entered
and where will be the minor data you want copied be located

And tell me where on these sheets do you want this data pasted.

Maybe say something like this

One row after last row used determined by last row with data in column A

And to identify if sheet is a minor sheet or adult sheet look for word minor in Range(A1) of each sheet.
Or adult in Range("A1") of each sheet.

Do not say something like to the left of the Option Button.
Doing things this way can be very difficult for me. And I see no need to do things this way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_ordinaryboy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back