pratiksuhasaria

Hi

I have two values in 2 different cells say
ABForumla UsedResultExcepted
11020=A1*B1200200
1020=ADDRESS(2,1,4)*ADDRESS(2,2,4)#VALUE!200

<tbody>
</tbody>

As u all can see that when using second formula there is some error which need to b rectified in order to get expected result

can anyone help me out with it
its really important.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Hi, why not just use =A2*B2 ?

Assuming you have a good reason not to, here is an equivalent alternative to your attempt.

=INDEX(A:B,2,1)*INDEX(A:B,2,2)
The above gives result for Cols A and B of Row 2 only =Index(A:B, Row2, Col1 * Index(A:B, Row2, col2) even if i drag the formula till row 20. Any particular type of syntax that i need to incorporate to change its respective Row

NimishK

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The above gives result for Cols A and B of Row 2 only =Index(A:B, Row2, Col1 * Index(A:B, Row2, col2) even if i drag the formula till row 20.

Hi, that was the intention - maybe you need to start your own thread with a clear description of what it is you are trying to do.

Upvote 0
Hello
Hi, that was the intention - maybe you need to start your own thread with a clear description of what it is you are trying to do.

Though the threader's intention and you answered perfectly Sir. Went slight deeply to check whether formula could be dragged/ copied in the above example and when implemented the same on the worksheet what was seen the Formula could not give correct result when dragged/copied and that's where i post my query. so in other words wanted to know if syntax requires changes if i want to copy/drag the same formula in range of respective rows. Sir, as this was observed therfore my clear cut question related to this thread

BTW i came across the following for the 1st time
=INDEX(A:B,2,1)*INDEX(A:B,2,2)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so in other words wanted to know if syntax requires changes if i want to copy/drag the same formula in range of respective rows.

In place of the static number for the row argument of the index() function you could use the rows() function to increment as you copied down. But if you are doing that then it kind of negates the whole point and there are almost certainly simpler ways.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back