Referencing Problem

garretht

Hi there,

If anyone could help, it would be great. I have a sheet which contains performance and potential scores, and the person's name & surname which corresponds to that score. In Column A is the performance score, and in Column B is the Potential score, with Column C containing the Name & Surname.

In a seperate sheet, I have a table, with Performance Score ratings in the top row, starting at 0 and moving accross to 4 in 0.1 intervals. In the first column, I have Potential Score ratings, starting at 3 at the top, and moving down to 0 in 0.1 intervals.

I need to place the names & surnames of the individuals who match each cell's criteria (ie, there will be a cell for a performance score of 2, and a corresponding potential score of 3) into that cell. The problem with a VLOOKUP is that it only has room for 1 set of criteria, where I need 2 sets of criteria (Performance & Potential), and I cannot seem to get the DGET formula to work with the way that the table is layed out. I cannot change the layout of the table. I also need to get multiple values into the cell, as there are some instances where there is more than 1 person who matches the criteria, and I need all people who match the criteria in the same cell.

The current formula I am using is: =IF(ISTEXT(VLOOKUP(AF1,'Pre work'!A:C,3,FALSE)),IF(ISTEXT(VLOOKUP(A10,'Pre work'!B:C,2,FALSE)),(VLOOKUP(A10,'Pre work'!B:C,2,FALSE)),"")).

I have also tried =DGET('Pre work'!A4:C351,"Name & Surname","Performance Rating='Updated Dist'!AF1"&"Potential Rating='Updated Dist'!A10"). But this gives me a #VALUE error, but I need to use the cell references of the 'Updated Dist' sheet, as this is the sheet that has the table which need to extract the data from the 'Pre work' sheet.

But this does not come close to giving the correct data, and merely spits out the first person with a potential score of 2.2.

Please can someone help me with this?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingiloum

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back