Refresh Web Data with required Login

beefrog

Hey all!

I have been looking at methods to refresh data from a website where you need to login and I have seen a few ways of doing this. I know it does vary from site to site and of course my preferred method, but at this point I am looking for advice on the best possible solution to my issue.

I want to log into the website http://www.metroho.com/ and pull fresh data from specific tables. I have done this with the Web Query builder but when re-openeing the spreadsheet, I have to recreate that connection by logging in with the web query.

So really what I need is a way to re-create the web query connection and refresh the data either using a macro or each time the sheet is opened.

My first approach was to create the IQY file, call the IQY from a form button and send cell variables as the login info, then refresh the requested tables, all with the click of one form button. Next was to use macros. Truthfully, I have no preference on method, just looking for the spreadsheet to take two cell values to login to the site with then refresh 5 - 10 tables automatically. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention I am using Excel 2007.

Here is the contents of the iqy. Basic I know, but I'm not looking for complicated. I'll tweak it all once the function is there.

Code:
WEB 
[URL]http://www.metroho.com/login.php[/URL]
emailintro=emailaddy@email.com&passintro=password

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back