Remove duplicated rows from different sheets

emukiss10

Board Regular
Hello,

I would like a macro that compares 2 sheets and remove duplicated rows from one of them.

example:

Sheet 1 has 20 rows,
sheet 2 has 30 rows

and in sheet 2 there are duplicates from sheet 1.

I like to delete those rows from sheet 2 that are present in sheet 1. (leaving them only in sheet 1)

Best regards
W.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
emukiss10,

To start off, it would help if we could see what both raw data worksheets actually look like?

You can post your workbook/worksheets to the following free site (sensitive data changed), mark the workbook for sharing, and, provide us with a link to your workbook:

https://dropbox.com

Upvote 0
For security reasons I cannot do that :(

I would like a macro that compare rows from row 2 on sheet(1) and sheet(2) and if there is a match (duplicate) than delete this row from sheet(2)

Upvote 0
For security reasons I cannot do that :(

I would like a macro that compare rows from row 2 on sheet(1) and sheet(2) and if there is a match (duplicate) than delete this row from sheet(2)

emukiss10,

We know that you have two worksheets, sheet(1), and, sheet(2), but, we do not know what columns your raw data is in for checking in each worksheet.

In order to continue I would like to see sample made up raw data in each worksheet.

See the following link, B. Posting Aids, for ways you can display made up raw data in each worksheet.

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html[/b]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
emukiss10,

If you can not display screenshots, or, your actual raw data, then please answer the following questions.

1. What column in sheet(1)?

2. What column in sheet(2)?

Upvote 0
emukiss10,

You have displayed variations of the worksheet names.

What are the actual worksheet names?

Upvote 0
emukiss10,

I do have a test macro that does work correctly with some test data that I created, but, I will need the answers to the my questions in my replies #4, #5, and, #6.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back