Return count of cases that match 2 criteria in same array

xcelent

Is there some simple INDEX/MATCH/COUNT equation I can apply or other trick?:confused:

For background on my sample: As part of larger database, I have an array going from columns BT3-CK51.
Within that array I have columns that specify the same type of data 1 (Method Data in column BT, BU, BY, BZ, CD, CH) and same type of data 2(Gender Data in columns BV, CA, CE, CI).

I already have this:* Count
Unique method a 4
[FONT=&quot]Unique method b 4 [/FONT]
Unique method c 6
etc...

I want to COUNT the instances across all these columns where the Method Data MATCHES the unique method data list I already made and then Gender Data also MATCHES either "M" or "F". So the output would look something like:
M F
Unique method a 3 1
[FONT=&quot]Unique method b 1 3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Unique method c 6 0
[/FONT]etc...

I tried using countifs(...) but I think its getting confused by the array. I also tried: <style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'}span.s1 {color: #006107}span.s2 {color: #0057d6}</style>=SUMPRODUCT((Database!BT2:BU51=UniqueMethodDataCell)*(Database!BV2:BV51="M")) and variants/combos of this but the best I get is it counting the cases that apply in the first column of the array.

*I summarized unique instances of "Method Data"with this equation:
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'}span.s1 {color: #006107}span.s2 {color: #ab30d6}span.s3 {color: #a54a29}span.s4 {color: #33af4a}span.s5 {color: #ff9c1b}span.s6 {color: #fe4fdd}span.s7 {color: #0057d6}</style>=IFERROR(IFERROR(IFERROR(IFERROR(IFERROR(IFERROR(INDEX(Database!BT$3:BT$51, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($E$12:E12, Database!BT$3:BT$51), 0)), INDEX(Database!BU$3:BU$51, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($E$12:E12, Database!BU$3:BU$51), 0))), INDEX(Database!BY$3:BY$51, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($E$12:E12, Database!BY$3:BY$51), 0))), INDEX(Database!BZ$3:BZ$51, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($E$12:E12, Database!BZ$3:BZ$51), 0))), INDEX(Database!CD$3:CD$51, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($E$12:E12, Database!CD$3:CD$51), 0))), INDEX(Database!CH$3:CH$51, MATCH(0, COUNTIF($E$12:E12, Database!CH$3:CH$51), 0))),"")

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Sorry, I can't figure out how to delete this thread. I edited it slightly so the examples look clearer with spacing. All language is the same, however. Here's the most recent post version: Return count of cases that match 2 criteria in same array

Will report to MrExcel to see if they can help with the double posting but will appreciate any answers that pop up here in the meantime! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back