Returning a cell as blank

Zaphyn

Hello! I'm working on a spreadsheet that has some fields that I need duplicating into another sheet on the same workbook - so far I've been using "='TEXT '!C11 so it just copies what I've written. Problem is if the field is empty it returns as 0 - any way I can get it to return totally blank until I've filled the original sheet??

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
This seems to work for ensuring the field is blank when empty, but doesn't copy the cell when it has text in it :(

Upvote 0
This seems to work for ensuring the field is blank when empty, but doesn't copy the cell when it has text in it :(

I just tested it out, it seems to be working for me when there is text in the cell. Are you sure there is text in the cell you're referencing?

Upvote 0
I've noticed what I've done - I was putting apostrophes around the last part like so: =IF(ISBLANK('TEXT '!C11), "", "'TEXT '!C11"). Sorry to have doubted you sir! Works brilliant so thank you so much!

Upvote 0
I've noticed what I've done - I was putting apostrophes around the last part like so: =IF(ISBLANK('TEXT '!C11), "", "'TEXT '!C11"). Sorry to have doubted you sir! Works brilliant so thank you so much!

No problem, happy to help

Upvote 0
Hi,

If we're dealing with Text, I think you can just do this:

='TEXT '!C11&""

Now if 'TEXT '!C11 is Blank/Empty, your result cell will Also be Blank, No 0 (zero) will show.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back