Run Macro on Click

mikeellinas

Hi. First post here. I tried searching, but did not see anything (I may not have used the proper search terms).

I am new to the VBA game. I have a macro using the MonthView form. It is triggered by a keyboard shortcut:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
On Error Resume Next
Application.OnKey "+^{C}"
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls("Insert Date").Delete
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
On Error Resume Next
Dim NewControl As CommandBarControl
Application.OnKey "+^{C}", "Module2.OpenCalendar"
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls("Insert Date").Delete
Set NewControl = Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add
With NewControl
.Caption = "Insert Date"
.OnAction = "Module2.OpenCalendar"
.BeginGroup = True

End With

End Sub

I would like to trigger the macro when clicking any cell in the range C8:C13 or C15:C20. I would even be okay if it was done when clicking anything in C8:C20. Can anyone help me with the code for this adjustment?

EDIT: I forgot to mention. Using Excel 2010 if that matters

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
you are missing the actual code, what you have posted is the "action" the actual code Module 2 and is named OpenCalendar
Easiest thing would probably be to insert a shape (INSERT TAB --> Shapes) pick one that looks like a button or whatever you want right click it and select 'Assign Macro' and pick your OpenCalendar macro. If you don't see it there its marked as a 'Private sub meaning you have to go in VBE in Module 2 and change it from "Private Sub OpenCalendar()" to "Sub OpenCalendar()"

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! I was able to successfully put a shape there and do what you suggested. However, I was hoping to trigger the macro when someone clicks the cell (the cell already has text in it that is now blocked by the shape). Is there a way to do that?

Upvote 0
you could just make the shape completely transparent, but was there another underlying reason for the mouse click? by mouse click do you mean single click double click to edit the cell?
because you could always do a ByVal sort of macro, but if its just because of a mouse click I would just suggest to use a transparent shape it would almost be unnecessary code if there is no other reason.

i.e.
Code:
(ByVal Target As Range)

Upvote 0
I actually ended up making the shape transparent on my own. Good two see I was thinking like you :). This worked fine. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back