Run-time error 91

NEXSTER

Hi,

I have a fresh installed Office 2007. When I open Excel, a pop up comes up saying there is an error: Run-time error '91'

How do I remove it? Have reinstalled Office 2007 multiple times. Even installed Office 2003 n yet same problem.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hi, and welcome to Mr. Excel!

Questions:

Do you use VBA in any of your workbooks?
Is this error happening when you attempt to open ANY workbook?

Upvote 0
Hi and thanks.

Don't think I have used VBA. Do have VB professional 6.0 installed for another program I use. The program requires the VB to be installed even though I don't use it.
It happens every time I open any workbook.

I hope it helps.

Upvote 0
Hmmmmm I can only think that there could be some code in your personal workbook (which opens invisibly whenever Excel is open) causing the error.

When you get the error, is there an option which says "Debug" by any chance? If so what do you get when you press it?

Upvote 0
Bum!

Well, last chance saloon - for me, anyway, is to locate the personal workbook ("Personal.XLSB") and delete it.
On your OS, it should be here:

C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\PERSONAL.XLSB

This is where any macros you've recorded, will live, and could just be causing an issue.

If there isn't one, Windows will just create a new one next time you record a macro, so there's no problem deleting it.
That having been said, just in case there could be something useful in there, it's probably better to just move the file elsewhere, for test purposes; that way, whatever the outcome, you could replace the original, if necessary.

Bit of a long shot, but it just may do the trick..............

Upvote 0
Folder with name XLSTART is empty. Checked for hidden files and folders as well. As this system was a fresh install, no macros or workbooks have been created yet.

What I understand from Dr.Google. I have to go to registry and delete a few things which I do not what or where they are. Registry is the one part of the system I don't wanna mess with until and unless I know where to go.

If you have that info please let me know. Maybe it will help.

Upvote 0
Oh well, it's not that, then............

Can you actually open Excel at all?
I wondered if, rather than trying to open a workbook, you just went to the application itself (Excel.EXE, wherever that is on your machine - "Programmes", probably) and just get Excel open, without a workbook.

Having searched Google myself, there are a lot of threads about conflicts with other VB -based applications, and it's likely to be a conflict - perhaps with with your VB 6.0, or programme which needs it.
Personally, I wouldn't want to start messing with the Registry, unless it's a definite bona fide fix that you've found.

At least we're keeping your post at the top of the pile - so that someone else might come up with a solution......

Upvote 0
workbook or a simple new sheet, it opens but with the error pop up.

Deleting the stuff from registry means 'technically' re-installation of windows.. but cannot re-install windows as the main software takes over 5 hrs to install and that too needs to be monitored. I have 4 systems, that means 4*5 = 20 hrs.

Deleting from registry means all old office reg files to be removed not just from appdata or programfiles folders.

Hopefully, someone might help out without the need of registry manipulation. :)

Fingers Crossed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back