"Save-As" Challenge - Goodluck

sassriverrat

Ok I've got (what I consider to be) a challenge problem.

I have a workbook with 11 worksheets that are used (there are more but not printed).

FYI- I have a

I was wondering if someone could write a macro code, or series of codes, that with the ActiveCommand buttons I've put in:

"Noon" - This does a "save-as" and saves the file to C:\Users\Bridge\Desktop\Noons and saves as "Current Voyage Daily Noon Report"

"Noon2"-"Noon10" - Each of these 9 sheets will have a button which just "saves" the data- i.e. to the file- it's a daily update system.

"Arrival" - this is the tricky one I don't currently have- This will Save the file, rename it from a name specified in "Ports Cells L3, M3, N3, O3, P3, AND move it from its original location to C:\Users\Bridge\Desktop\Noons\Noons-Arrivals\**Corresponding Folder** The first copy (saved as the current voyage daily noon report" will be deleted from it's original location at this point.
**Now Ports L3 is a number and M3 is a letter (either L or B). There are two files for each number, i.e. 350B and 350L, 351B and 351L, etc etc. In increments of 50 we make a new folder, so a new folder is added. I am currently at 374L so the **corresponding folder** is 351-400 but I would like the code to "know", based on L3, whether to put the save the file (since it's now completed), to the appropriate range. If this is an "infinity" problem, we can set a max range to 750. Additionally, it would be nice IF the code could "make" a new folder when the range doesn't exist.

Hopefully all of this makes sense. Kind of curious what people's thoughts are. The "Arrival" section is what I don't have and although I have a few ideas on approach, I don't know half the coding to address it. The first two sections, i.e. Noon and Noon2-10, are included just in case someone needs that back info for attacking the Arrival part. If this doesn't make sense, just commend and I will try to clarify.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back