Save Macros & Modules for Future Use

GeniR

Hi. Longtime lurker, first time poster.:)

Due to an upcoming position change, I need to pull out all the macros and modules I've created and store them in a central location for both my future use and as a reference bank for my replacement so they don't have to create them from scratch.

TIA

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
One could assume that you are seeking advice on how to do that, rather than bragging about the promotion. At one time I was saving some of my macros in notepad, but it got to be a pain to open notepad and search through all the macros to find what I was looking for. Now I just accumulate the ones I want to save in a particular workbook code module. I don't know if there is a limitation on how much a code module can hold, other than disc space. I have never had any messages telling me there was no room at the inn, so it seems like a good place to store them and is a lot more convenient to rertieve a procecure if needed.

Upvote 0
I apologize if I came off as bragging. Just super excited to leave my current spot.

Yes, I am looking for advice on how to store the macros and modules in a way that allows easy reference for the future.

Good to know that disc space would be the only limiting factor.

One could assume that you are seeking advice on how to do that, rather than bragging about the promotion. At one time I was saving some of my macros in notepad, but it got to be a pain to open notepad and search through all the macros to find what I was looking for. Now I just accumulate the ones I want to save in a particular workbook code module. I don't know if there is a limitation on how much a code module can hold, other than disc space. I have never had any messages telling me there was no room at the inn, so it seems like a good place to store them and is a lot more convenient to rertieve a procecure if needed.

Upvote 0
I apologize if I came off as bragging. Just super excited to leave my current spot.

Yes, I am looking for advice on how to store the macros and modules in a way that allows easy reference for the future.

Good to know that disc space would be the only limiting factor.
Just tossing in a little levity with the reply. I think that if you just copy your macros to a single workbook in one of the numbered code modules it would be as good a place as any for them. When you want ot retrieve one or some of them, you can just click in the Declarations pane at top right of the VBE and the list of macros will drop down so you can click on the name and have pop up on the display.
Regards, JLG

Upvote 0
Copy them all to a Personal workbook and then you can use them on any other workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back