Gideondb

I have 20 workers , each with a barcode.I need the active block to be A1 on a specific sheet . So if Paul scans his barcode i need the active block to go to his sheet, and if john scans his barcode i need the active block to go to John s sheet A1 ?

Can it be done ?

Thank you.

I've never used semicolons instead of commas in formulas. ok, well... When you press F5 (function key), type employee_tbl, and press enter; what area does it highlight? Should be Range A2:C19 on the Employee sheet.

Moving on...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
So, what is the name of the sheet and the cell where the barcode is being entered? Do you have a named range for it?

Oops, I made a mistake. Do me a favor, switch the columns in the employee table:
Name
Barcode

Barcode should be in column A and Name needs to be in column B. Confirm that the formula for the dynamic named range is as I gave it to you. It will change. My apologies.

Jeff

Upvote 0
This is my sheets on a dokuments sheet 1 name =Stockmain , sheet 2 = Stockin , 3 = stockout , 4 = Donnie , 5 = DDATA ,6=Mogamat,7=MDATA and so on. After every sheet name employee name there is DATA e.g. DDATA after Donnie .
Stock scan by employee : In sheet Donnie A1 a barcode is scanned ( i managed to keep the active block A1 by "move up" after enter ) and then place the date and time in block A1 sheet DDATA for that specific barcode (stock) if you scan the same barcode again a new date and time is added to block B1 , if you scan a other Barcode it is being added to Block A2 date and time and so on. So every barcode scanned ads up as a unit with the date and time of that specific barcode ( stock) in the DATA sheet.( the barcode with the products is listed in the "Stockmain"sheet. That is done.
So my aim is to get to block A1 Donnie on that sheet if he scan his barcode = Donnie , once he is on block A1 ! Donnie , A1 is now the active block , he ( Donnie) now scans a product (stock) and the proses goes on like in Stock scan by employee above here . If another Employee now scan his barcode the active block goes to A1 Asley sheet and the proses goes on as in : Stock scan by employee .

Upvote 0
I'm having a real hard time understanding your process. I've read the previous post about 20 times. Overall, what is this for? What purpose does it serve? What is the end product? What kind of reports are you expecting out of this?

Usually when I work with my clients, I can sit with them looking at the workbook and talk about what they want to accomplish. I make suggestions and we go back and forth trying to get to the most efficient system for them. I can't see what you see!

The process you describe may not work the way you need it to. Here's the deal. When a barcode is scanned, Excel puts that barcode in the active cell. If the active cell isn't a cell that is being monitored for activity, then it will get ignored. We need to create a centralized hub for the barcode activity. I'm imagining a single sheet that takes the input from the barcode scannner. An employee scans their employee barcode, the system matches that to an employee and places it in the data entry section into a cell named EmployeeBarcode. A formula in another cell displays their name. The employee scans a product barcode, the system matches that to a stock item and places that in a cell called StockBarcode. A cell next to it displays the name of the stock item. The macro automatically adds that stock item, date, and time to the employee sheet or the employee could press a button to add it. The process continues; the next stock item is scanned and added to the StockBarcode cell and then added to the employee sheet. If a new employee barcode is scanned, the process starts again.

What do you think? Am I close?

Jeff

Upvote 0
I want my stock/worker monitored by a scanner .We are a manufacturing business 30 workers about 3000 parts. The workers get a job sheet to work from( other dept.)They then come to the store and draw the parts from the store and assemble . They must go into the store room take the part scan it on a wireless scanner( that they holding with them)I want to use a scanner to upload stock and a scanner to sub-track the stock taken out per worker date and time. THIS IS WHAT I WANT – excel 2013 . Main sheet with the stock calculation , Stock in sheet , stock out sheet, worker sheet, pricelist, stats, orders. I must be able to check who took what on a date and time.They can not work a pc and i want every worker to have his own barcode so that when he scans his barcode ( on a tag/barcode with him in person) his sheet must come up in Block A1 scan his stock taken out of the store room.In the end i want to see al stock that came in and taken out ( used) prices are attached to stock as well , as well as suppliers info and other suppliers for the same stock.I want less stock in the store room so that i can buy stock when it is needed in time , i dont want stock ( money ) thats in the store room unnecessarily( time-ing and managing stock , buy when you need it ) . That is the total objective.

This part( there is more to my dokument , stats adding all the workers parts they took out of the store room, prices per job they assemble and and. ) : What i need to know is , If my excel dokument is open, and the active block is on sheet Donnie A1 and someone els e.g. Ashley scan his barcode (tag, his is in possession of his barcode and only his ) a want the active block A1 to go to Asley A1. ?

Thank you for your help , and patience with me .

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristinh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back