Scheduling Macro

CR1984

Hello,
I have a course catalog of many different groups that occur everyday between 9:00 and 4:00 pm, there are over 100 people that are being scheduling in these groups. I'm trying to create an excel document that can help organize everyone so that when certain groups are selected for one person a list on a different page will populate with everyone who is in the group. Does anyone know how this might be possible? Thank you so much!

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Hi CR1984,

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you could provide some more information. Especially, how your data is set up. What info is in what columns, that sort of thing. Even better, would be a graphic of what your sheet looks like.

The more info you provide the easier it will be for someone to help with your requirements.

I hope this helps.

igold.

Upvote 0
Hello,

thank you for responding. So I work at a residential mental health facility. We are shifting to a university model, which means we have a course catalog for all the residents to look through and select classes.

The problem is, we have no way of efficiently tracking who is going in to what groups. We'd like to keep the groups at 12-15 residents. Previously, I created an excel document to help the care managers schedule residents, I can't upload it from my phone (will try tomorrow when get on my laptop), but basically it is just a bunch of drop downs that they can go through and select the group and then print out for resident. However, there's no way to track who is going to what group so some groups have 5 residents and some have 30!

I would like to build something that the care managers can click and the resident's name will populate in all the groups that he/she is registered for. We could then give the instructors a class roster.

Does anyone have any ideas? I was think a bunch of check boxes and then a submit button, but I don't know if that would work.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Okay, so here is the problem you have right now...

What you're describing is something that is going to have two separate parts. The front end and the back end. You are describing what you would like to see as the front end or what the end user will be interfacing with to get the desired information. The more important part is the back end or the data that is going to serve up the information that is requested by the front end. The back end is what you need to be concentrating on. In other words, how are you going to set up your data to best be able to manipulate the data as requested. The data is also going to feed your dropdowns, etc.

Nothing can happen on this until you have a good idea of how to set up and manage your data. My first thought is that you would want Column A to be the list of Residents, Column B and higher the groups and classes that pertain to the resident. Each row of the worksheet should be a unique record. So if Resident Bob signs up for classes 601A and 274k then there are two entries in the table for Bob. Your also going to need other data like the list of all classes, if you are going to use dropdowns for class selection.

There is a lot of work to be done here.

Just my two cents...

igold

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back