Search for data and copy different cell if true

Headline31

Here is a breakdown:
Annual Totals sheet contains user id information and a running total of errors
Blank Error sheet contains user id with specific error counts

I am looking for a formula that will perform a search in Column A of the Blank Error sheet based on a user id in the Annual Totals sheet. If that name is found, I need it to copy/paste the correlating Total from Column E to the Annual Total sheet.

Column A
Column B
Column C
Column D
Column E
User ID
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Total
name1
name2
name3
name4

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
not sure if the table you pasted is Annual Totals (I think it is?) or Blank Error, and what the other sheet looks like. sounds like sumifs would work, no?

Upvote 0
The table shown is actually Blank Error. The Annual Totals has User ID rows and Monthly columns. I am a little bit newer with Excel so I am not sure how to set up the formula for sure. The one issue that I am coming up with is the user ids are not always in the same row # which would cause issues with the "range" factors of this formula. Unless I am just not understanding.

Upvote 0
so the annual total you just basically want column A and column E of blank error but in different order?

if so you can just use Sumif(Column A of Blank error, A2 (or whatever cell the name is on Annual Totals), column E of blank error)

Upvote 0
I need the sum of columns B+C+D (or column E) for each different name on Blank Error to be moved to the applicable name in Annual Totals. For example with the table above, I need "10" to be the answer to the formula for name1 on Annual Total.

Upvote 0
I think I have determined that VLOOKUP or INDEX may work but I am not sure how to lay it out. Again, to clarify based on the table above, I need a formula that will search in Column A for a specific name, and if that name is found, the value in Column E should be returned (the answer to the formula).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back