Searching and Recalling

sd2173

Good evening all,

I am working pro-bono on a program for a friend to help him organize/update accounts for his business. I have worked a lot in vb6 and some in vb10 and Excel, but really have no idea where to start with this program.

The main things I want to be able to do is go back through an existing excel sheet and "farm" through accounts and recall row information back to the form. An example being, searching for any account who's best contact day is Thursday, by searching certain column for "Th" and recalling the whole rows to a textbox in the form. Or searching for any account created after 02/02/08, etc. etc.

I think I should be able to manage building a front for adding new accounts and adding to Excel sheets, it's just the searching/recalling I'm concerned about.

Also, I would be interested in any guidance on how to go back on a new account entered (via whatever I come up with for an input form) and update it. Basically looking up an account and re-populating the text boxes used to input so they can be changed, then saved to the same location in the sheet, or deleted from the sheet altogether, and the sheet shifting up.

Simple enough right, :(

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance,
SD

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hello

How about autofiltering for your criterion then loading the visible rows into your text box.

Upvote 0
I think that would be the easiest way, however, I can write the macro to Autofilter for whatever I want to queary, but don't know how to return the rows to a textbox.

Also, still needing to be able to recall/repopulate individual accounts.

Any suggestions?
SD

Upvote 0
A listbox would probably be better. You could load it like this (trivial example)

Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim c As Range
For Each c In Range("A2:A20").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
    ListBox1.AddItem c.Value
Next c
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hideto94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back