Searching for holidays within a range in between dates listed in 2 cells

BDeCaso

Hello, This is my first post.
Thanks for your time to read this.
I have an entry and an exit date for a reservation in 2 cells and in another worksheet I have a range of holidays listed in a column. I want to find the holidays within the dates in between the 2 cells and also know if they are weekends or weekdays.
For example, the entry date is July 3rd and the exit date is July 7. In the worksheet we have a list of all the holidays of 2017 in column A. Then I want to find out within the same formula what day of the week it is (1-7).

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Think you need to be clearer as to what you're looking for as your questions a bit vague so probably why no answer.

Give examples of the lookups dates format in they're in the same column as they'd have to be split to search the start and end date of the holidays, also when you ask if they are weekdays or weekends are these just one day holidays or can they have weekdays ad weekends

Upvote 0
Think you need to be clearer as to what you're looking for as your questions a bit vague so probably why no answer.

Give examples of the lookups dates format in they're in the same column as they'd have to be split to search the start and end date of the holidays, also when you ask if they are weekdays or weekends are these just one day holidays or can they have weekdays ad weekends

Thanks for your fast response MrTeeny
1) The dates are in 07/03/2017 format and the start and exit date are in separate column.
2) Some of the holidays are multiple days
EntryExit# of Holidays
07/03/201707/08/2017

<tbody>
</tbody>

Holidays
07/04/2017
07/05/2017
09/01/2017
09/02/2017

<tbody>
</tbody>

Here is a very simple version of what I am trying to do. Do I need to add anymore info to help make it clearer?
Thanks Mrteeny appreciate your feedback

Upvote 0
You can use a simple Countifs to get the # of holidays

Just enter =COUNTIFS(A6:A9,">="&A2,A6:A9,"<="&B2) in the cell, that assumes you holidays are entered in the range A6 to A9 your entry date in A2 and exit date in B2.

I'd assumed your holidays were more than a day so some might have overlapped the exit date.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxkapoor

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back