SendKeys to force enter a cell to update format - starts printing instead

Rathmann

Hi All,

I have come upon an issue regarding the SendKeys feature in VBA. i have used this before with succes but for some reason i cannot figure out whats the problem.

I want the code below to enter each cell within a range by sending the keys F2 and ENTER. It will not work... It keeps launching printing..

Please Help!

Thank you very much in advance!

Code:
Sub F2Macro()
'
' F2Macro Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+t
'
Dim Cell As Range

With ActiveSheet
    For Each Cell In Range("Q1:Q200")
        If IsEmpty(Cell.Value) = False Then
         SendKeys ("{F2}")
         SendKeys ("{ENTER}")
        End If
    Next
End With

End Sub

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
What are you trying to do with the cells?

Upvote 0
Well, this code is part of a much much larger macro. Column q contains a bunch of measurement margins, in this case say 0,76 and 0,86. Part of the larger macro is then to find the lowest of the values in the column Q and provide some more data which is located on the same row but in different columns. To do this i am using the Index, match. All this works fine except my excel (being danish, i think) refuses to search for a value starting with "0," with the format "0,76" insted it always searches with the format "0.76" and therefore it is not finding any matches. So what i did was make the macro convert the range format of column Q tot ext so it would not be considered a value by excel and therefore i could now search for it. This means i at a later point in the macro need to reverse the format back to value so that it now can use the index, match function. When i convert it back, i need to enter the cell before the format really changes and that is the whole idea of the code above.

May seem complicated but long story short, i need it to enter each cell in the range to change the format.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Upvote 0
You probably don't need to do this conversion, it should be possible to deal with the problem in the code/formulas.

Even if you do need to do the conversion it should be possible to do it without using SendKeys.

Can you clarify exactly what the problem is with the values in column Q?

Is it that they aren't being recognised as numerical values?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back