Serialized Alpha Numeric numbers, Fixed length, Fixed Positions for Alpha and Numeric

MtDew4243

Hello All and Thank You in advance!

I need to create a formula that will generate serialized alpha numeric numbers. First column is how I believe my output needs to look. But, I've added column two and three to ask how I can create changes to my data if I need to create larger numbers. I guess what I'm asking is to train me in how to modify my data if I need to create other variations: If my data length needs to change or I need to replace a numeric character with an alpha characters. Once all the right hand numbers cycle thru all the sequential variations, the alpha increase by 1, eventually all the way thru the alpha options to scrolling up the first numeric position. ie (Finally, whatever combination I use, it needs to be fixed length. Example one is always 5 characters, same with example two, example three will always be 6 characters.) (This may not be needed and I'm sure it adds a completely different level of complexity but, what if I never wanted to use the letter "O" so there would never be the confusion between the letter "O" and the number "0"?)

1A0011AA011A0001
1A0021AA021A0002
1A0031AA031A0004
1A9991AA991A9999
1B0011AB011B0001
1B0021AB021B0002
1B0031AB031B0003
2A0012AA012A0001
2A0022AA022A0002
9Z9999ZZ999Z9999

<tbody>
</tbody>

I want the combinations to be created sequentially all the way from the lowest alpha number combinations, finishing with the last style number combination.

I don't know VB so...

Thank You!!!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Have I not listed this properly or am I missing something to have not received any replies to my request for help??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikijon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back