Sheet Design Help

south0085

Board Regular
So, I got "in-trouble" today at work for screwing up on my inventory file. I forgot to add some shipments back into inventory that didn't actually leave the building on the day of inventory. Never mind that part. What I need, please, is some help designing an inventory file that will help me notice variances in inventory. What I want to do is be able to notice things that are missing and/or major variance between months, before I officially sign off on my inventory file. My inventory sheet is quite exhaustive. But for a comparison, I merely need the following:

Part Number - (We have finished goods, purchased parts, work-in-process parts, etc. So the part numbers can really vary. Anything from 87910-0W241-A1 to MPA-0633, to ZAA-0799)

Description - (This is just a description of the part)

Item Type - This the "type" of part it is. (They are: WIP, Paint RM, FG-MP, FG-SERV, Resin, Parts, Package, and Paintmsc)

Location - Our locations are physical locations of the parts. They are: SHIP, WHBL, WHFT, ASSY, INJ, and PAINT)

Qty Counted

Price

So basically, I want to be able to copy and paste each months inventory into the "comparison" file. Like a running file that gets updated every month. Keep in mind that inventory counts (obviously) change from month to month. So this month I may have parts counted that I did not have last month. Or I might have more finished good parts, if it's snowy outside and the trucks couldn't make it to pick them up. Lot's of variables.

But I'm hoping (with your help), I can come up with a sheet that will help me notice major variances. For example, we have one particular item that is VERY expensive (to us). Just a simple miscount of one box could mean thousands of dollars. And it's my job to catch those differences before I send my file to the next person. Or, as in this month, I should have noticed that the Finished Goods inventory was low.

Can anyone help me out with this sheet? I'm not trying to be lazy and ask you to do something for me. I've created one already that compares this month to last month. But I can't figure out how to create one that compares "trends" of multiple months. Say the last 3 months, for example. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
this is more of a database problem ,rather than a spreadsheet.
You should learn Access. Its perfect for this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back