Sheet that totals amount of instances.

adamginger

I have a sheet to log incidents and I would like to complete a sheet for daily statistics. For example, if one person (name in cell A1) attended an incident (data validated from a separate list in B1) then on a separate sheet, I would like a total amount of those incidents that the particular person dealt with.
This is duplicated down the incident sheet so each name would be on a separate row in column A, and the specific incident code would be in each row in column B.

On the stats page each person would be along the top of a table and each possible incident code would be down the side, every time an incident occurs it would add 1 to the total for the person that dealt with it.

Sorry if this is quite difficult to simulate, if you need any more info about the project, let me know and I'll try to explain it a bit better.

Thank you in advanced for your replies.
(I would prefer if this completed using formulas rather than macros as I'm trying to complete this project macro free, however if needs be, I can add macros)

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgeeaudrey

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back