Slow Performance & Not Responding File

thanhduy168

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with the excel file concerning Salary as fille attached beside https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B09aWVwPVw7FWUZOTHVkUEc0NVk

I am trying:
1/ FORMAT PAINTER every collumn to others - ex: column R to S - for the first time, it takes very long to finish the action, but once I UNDO that action or continue FORMAT PAINTER another column -> the file turns out NOT RESPONDING so I have to go to the Task Manager to End Process it.
2/ INSERT 2-3 new rows for new staff - the process always turns out NOT RESPONDING.

I don't know what to do now, please help me figure out this problem.

Special thanks in advance everyone & Have a nice weekend to you.

Duy

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
have a look at your conditional formats, I can't see any ranges applied to them but many are duplicate of others providing different formats. I can't count how many are there or stable enough to delete them one by one

Upvote 0
When I look closely at your spreadsheet I note that some rows, beginning in Col M are coloured pink but there seems to be no reason for that.
Also when I look down the Names of the employees they are listed on even rows until Row 156 where they are listed consecutively until row 408.

Those blank rows have nothing in them.
If I was using that sheet and wanted to add a new employee I'd probably copy and paste the row above into a chosen blank row. I'd then edit the name to the one which I required. I also notice that in Col J there are two remunerations which are given in Cells J1 and J3. The formula in Col J of that new row would then need to be suitably edited.
I don't that there was anything in the formulae further to the right that would need attention.

Now, by copy/paste you have no need for FORMAT PAINTER.
One other thing, I did notice that if I copied, for instance, Rows 6 & 7, and then "Insert copied cells" that the process took a long time. I put that down to a) the length of the spreadsheet and b) need for the sheet to recalculate cell references in the respective formulae.

Do those thoughts overcome whatever was your main issue?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcschafer209

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back