Sorting and extracting data without losing information.

JTatBodyHealth

Hello all,

The answer to my questions is probably here somewhere but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

I have a spreadsheet that was exported from Quickbooks. Since 1998 the system in place was to input all the of the customer data into QB via "quick add." This put's all the customer info into the shipping field.

Now we need to extract that info and put them into individual fields. My boss has exported a xls. doc and handed this task to me.

I need to know how I can extract certain data, like an email address and put it in it's own column but retain the username it's associated with.

I then need to organize the list with the transactions in order from newest to oldest and keep only the two most recent and delete the rest for each customer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Okay, so I figured some things out. I was able to find and highlight all my email addresses and sort them. I only need to know how to keep just the two most recent orders. So how do I select the two most recent and delete the rest of the invoices for each customer?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suz0718

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back