Special Copy In Excel

Laurinda

Hi,
I'm not sure how to word this so hopefully what I'm saying makes sense...

I would like to copy a cell on excel & I normally do this by pressing Ctrl & C... The issue I'm having is when I am pasting it into a different software that my company uses it pastes it with 5 square boxes at the end of it, so then I constantly have to delete the 5 boxes at the end.

The cell that I am copying from is actually 6 different cells that are merged together... I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my issue, but I thought I would just mention it.

To prevent the 5 boxes from showing up when I paste I click the cell I want to copy, then press F2 & highlight the description in the cell & then press Ctrl & C... This seems to work great, but it is extra steps that I'm hoping are unnessessary...

My question is, is there a way to copy the cell as if I was pressing F2, highlighting the description in the cell & then copying it? I know there is a paste special, I was wondering if anyone knew of a copy special? Or of another trick that will hopefully fix my issue... My preference would be some sort of keyboard shortcut...

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hi,

My question is, is there a way to copy the cell as if I was pressing F2, highlighting the description in the cell & then copying it? I know there is a paste special, I was wondering if anyone knew of a copy special? Or of another trick that will hopefully fix my issue... My preference would be some sort of keyboard shortcut...

I don't know of any that Microsoft has built into their application. But you were correct about the merged cells causing the place holder icons to show up when you paste. That is the other five cells that you copied being pasted into the other application, and it don't know what to do with them. Merged cells are a pain.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back