SSAS Tabular Security Issue

erinward11

I've literally run out of things to try. I have cubes deployed to an SSAS Tabular instance. They have Dynamic Roles set up to limit data to only data they should have access to. This Role has Everyone assigned to it. It seems to be functioning fine for everyone at the company so far except 1 user. When she tries to view Excel Services dashboards in SharePoint created from these cubes she can't access them. While trouble shooting I tried to analyze in Excel through Visual Studios as her and I can't access the cube.

I have tried specifically listing her username in the Dynamic role, and I've even tried adding her to the Admin role. All to no avail. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her AD account. She can log into the network just fine.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks!

Erin

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
The only thing I can think of is that her AD login name differs from your security table in some regard - perhaps an unusual character? Try copy/pasting her AD username from a reliable source instead of manually typing it in?

Sorry I couldn't be much more help! It's a pretty simple thing to troubleshoot and you appear to have done all the right steps...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back