Stop recording macro

bozodog

I am using Excel 365. When recording a macro to open the "custom header" the stop recording button is unavailable. Is there a way to access it or a keyboard shortcut to stop recording? Thanks

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi, try using the keyboard shortcut:
Alt + L + R
Hopefully this will help.

Upvote 0
Also, look at the bottom left of the Excel window. In the status bar you should see the word "Ready", followed by a black square. Click the black square to stop recording. (Hover over it with the mouse to see the help text.)

Upvote 0
ALt+L+R did not work for me. The black square will not stop the recording; just makes a noise. My steps are View, Macros, Record Macro. Page Layout, click the arrow at the bottom right of page layout for page setup. Then the Header/footer tab then custom header. Thank you for your replies.

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for clarifying your steps.

You will only get access to Stop button once you close all pop-up windows, including "Page Setup" and "Header". So, once you set up your Custom Header, just apply your changes by clicking on OK, and then Stop Recording.

In fact, VBA won't record any actions that you took in "Header" window unless you actually apply it to the active sheet. You can test it yourself if you open VBA window (Alt+F11) and display both VBA and Excel windows side by side on the same screen. Then, once you start recording a macro, you will notice how new lines of codes are being added with each action you perform. You will also notice that nothing happens on VBA screen once you open the "Header" window; the code is only being added once you press "OK" and apply the changes to the existing sheet.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back