Stuck on VBA for work project

crazybuckeyeguy

I am trying to write a VBA that will take info from 1 document that has employee/current status/time started status. I have a second sheet that has all employees and their listed start time. I need the vba to check if the employee is in another status other than Loggedout and check them as being here. unless they were went to logged out after midnight. we will have t generate this report every 2 hours so if there is already an x it will continue on to the next person. the only thing is that the VBA can only check up to the current time. we dont want it to run for future times. I will attach some screen shots of the work I have already done to create all this. I cant figure out where to the start this part of the VBA tho. The VBA will only run in the sheet with todays date.

https://ibb.co/gjU5zK
https://ibb.co/fSVZte

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
If possible, I would add a vlookup in your sheet 1 to match employees that have "Loggedout" in column 2 of sheet 2.
Formula:

Beginning on Sheet one in cell G3:

=vlookup($B3,'Agent Login 1538488206571'!A:B,2,0) and copy down.

This will retrieve what is in the Current Status Column on to sheet 1. And if you want the whole row with a strike-through for those that contain the word "Loggedout" in column G, you can use Conditional formatting to do this.

I hope this helps.... without using a vba.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollardxlsm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back