Subroutine Processing Visuals

steveh8204

Board Regular
I've just finished creating my VBA spreadsheet and while it's very useful and 'a bit of a beast' it's not so impressive to look at while running. I played around with turning screenupdating on and off and either way doesn't make much difference so was just wondering if anyone had any tips on making it look better?

I'm running windows 10 and even though it appears to hang (the status bar says Not Responding for a few seconds) it does run but the screen is mainly white and with the aforementioned unresponsive message to the casual observer it looks sloppy. It runs for about 8-10 secs in total.

I did read a thread about a progress bar but the example didn't work as my sub routine is to run several sub routines so I wasn't able to base it on just on one calculation.

Any tips to 'clean it up' would be appreciated as it's the finishing touchs to a very long and painstaking project.

I don't suppose you've got any tips on putting a progress bar in the middle of the screen. Would look proper impressive and be a great final touch.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back