Sum Across Multiple Sheets with Look Up Function

ArtofDisguise

Hi there, I am new to this forum, and I am looking for help to create a formula that sums values in the same column across three sheets on a summary tab (sheet four). However, each sheet has a different number of rows, but each row has a unique identification code. Is there a way to sum the values in "Column P" across three sheets by matching each value to its unique identification code in "Column F"? The unique identification code is also located in sheet fourth which is the summary tab. What would the formula look like? Thank you for the help.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
You could use something like this...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Tabs&"'!T6:T1000"),C794,INDIRECT("'"&Tabs&"'!M6:M1000")))
where tab is a named range for a list of all your sheets

Upvote 0
I keep receiving an error message after typing in my formula. I pasted it below. Can someone please help me? If the number of rows does not match in each sheet, would that be a problem? Is there a way to use the match function instead? Thank you=Sumproduct(Sumif(Indirect({"'Jan'!F3:F93","'Feb'!F3:F93","'Mar'!F3:F93"}),'Q1'!B3,({"'Jan'!P3:P93","'Feb'!P3:P93","'Mar'!P3:P93"}))).

Upvote 0
I noticed that I forgot to put in a second INDIRECT function into the sum range, which fixed the problem. However, I tried to copy and paste the formula and change the columns for the corresponding ranges that need to summed, but I get zeros for every cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back